Vincentia Sailing Club and the NSW Hobie Cat Association are both working in preparation for the 2020 Nationals. Like all sporting events in the near future, we are assessing how Covid-19 will impact our event. We are listening to and waiting on advice from our Health and Government Authorities about when we can make decisions with more certainty. Both the Club and Association are keen to run the regatta. We are increasingly optimistic that the restrictions we are enduring right now will help the country be in a healthy state in a couple of months so we can enjoy a fantastic Nationals regatta together.

A crucial part to a Nationals regatta for our competitors is travel, knowing everyone can visit beautiful Jervis Bay and get home without compromise to people's health or needing to be in isolation when they get home will be necessary. We recognise this will be difficult for international competitors, but having open borders to allow travel throughout Australia would be vital to the decision to lock in the regatta.

The second key to a Nationals regatta is accommodation. Historically, the new year period means booking early to get close to the club. Getting a decision out to the Hobie community as soon as possible is important for this. The NSW South Coast will be keen to bring travellers into the region after we turned them away in January for bushfires and again now through Covid-19. A local Airbnb provider said they would welcome having discussions about potential visitors for the new years period already.

If you have any questions regarding the Nationals, please feel free to use the contact page on the event web site. 

Stay safe so we can see you on the water soon.